INTERDISCIPLINARY MARITIME PRACTICE WORKSHOP SERIES II Eighth (11th) SESSION ON THURSDAY 26TH OCTOBER 2017
This is the second series of workshops with a theme of “Interdisciplinary Maritime Practice” (IMP), which is jointly organized by The Hong Kong Logistics Management Staff Association (HKLMSA), C.Y. Tung International Centre for Maritime Studies, PolyU (ICMS) and the Hong Kong Seamen Union (HKSU). It employs the same methodology and format like the IMP Workshop Series I of 2014, which was conceived to cover the entire lifespan of a ship, from the decision to purchase to its final loss or scrapping, and to provide a platform for eminent professionals from the Hong Kong Maritime Industry to share their expertise and valuable experience with fellow professionals, young entrants in particular, in the shipping fraternity of the Greater China Region, in interactive sessions of Q&A discussions.
The Twelfth and Last Session of the IMP Workshop Series II is on Ship Management and Operations which will be a brief summary of the essence of the previous eleven sessions as below:
1) Offshore Wind Energy & IMP Methodology & its Applications
2) Financing of Shipping & Related Projects
3) Project Management
4) Ship Types, Machineries & Equipment
5) Value of Maritime Professional Services
6) Shipbuilding and Sale & Purchase
7) Marine Insurance (Hull & Machinery, Protection & Indemnity)
8) Casualty Management Part I – P&I and Average Adjusting
9) Casualty Management Part II – Salvage and Average Adjusting
10) Ship Chartering and Administration
11) Casualty Management Part III – Surveys, GA, CTL, & Claims Handling
An introduction will be presented on the scope and responsibilities of Ship Management & Operations. Case studies will be used to illustrate how the expertise and experience presented during the past sessions by the moderators and participants are applied in an interdisciplinary manner for the topic in practice.
The Moderator for this 12h Session will be Mr. Wong Cho Hor of Five Oceans Maritime, with other members of the Panel of Moderators and Advisors in attendance.
All members, non-members and guests are cordially invited to attend the Twelfth Workshop.
The Panel of Moderators is:
Raymond TC Wong Chairman of IST and Honorary Advisor of HKLMSA
Prof. Chin-Shan Lu Director of ICMS
Manson Cheung Executive Member of both ICSHK and HKLMSA
Cho Hor Wong Executive Member of HKLMSA
Dr. Tze Leung Yip Deputy Director of ICMS