Organisers: Marine Insurance Club
Institute of Seatransport
Hong Kong Maritime Law Association
Date: 25 November 2016 (Friday)
Time: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Venue: 22/F China Taiping Tower, 8 Sunning Road, Causeway Bay
Charges: Free of charge
This workshop will look at a hypothetical collision between a container vessel and a tanker off the China coast. Various aspects will be examined, including liability, salvage, pollution, limitation, jurisdiction, cargo claims and general average. The scope of shipowners’ needs and the interplay between hull and P&I underwriters will be discussed.
To bring in a panel of key maritime professionals including property and liability insurers, insurance broker, solicitors and average adjuster, to provide practical advice on disaster management in the event of a major casualty and to examine in conjunction with delegates various issues arising.
– Director, Steamship Mutual (Hong Kong)
– CEO, CTX Special Risks Ltd.
– Solicitor, Ince & Co., Hong Kong
– Chairman of Marine Insurance Club
– Senior Advisor, China Taiping Insurance (HK) Co., Ltd.
– Chairman of Institute of Seatransport
– Principal, Asia Maritime Adjusting (Hong Kong)
– Deputy Chairman of Hong Kong Maritime Law Association
– Partner, Keesal, Young & Logan
6:00pm: Registration starts (with complimentary soft drinks and snacks)
6:20pm: Panel Speakers offer practical advice and comprehensive guidance on:
(a) Game plan for the procurement of insurance
(b) Managing major casualty
7:45pm: Questions collected in advance (from enrolled delegates)
8:15pm: Questions from the floor
– CPD Points: to be confirmed
– Reference materials for the Workshop will be sent by email to enrolled delegates who are
encouraged to submit in advance questions for discussion.
ONLINE REGISTRATION: An Interactive Workshop on 25th November 2016